Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 13, 14, and 15

In the interests of brevity, here are my past three days of Frocks - Saturday to Monday - just so you know that I'm staying on track with this dress wearing business. And while I did wear a dress on day 12, no evidence of this exists. So you'll have to trust me.

On Saturday, I went to a Luekemia Foundation walk with my family. Turns out this dress is good for running around in, dodging my insane brother's tackles, and (attempting to) kick the footy in. I do a mean drop-kick, surprisingly.

And yes, my mum and I do look rather similar. Her tongue isn't normally that blue.


Sunday - 25 degrees and hot. Turns out I've got some weird, dress-shaped sunburn from this frock and that sun. This is my number one buddy, Archie. He had just come out of the dam. Stinking. No frock, either.


And yesterday; well, yesterday, I wore a different dress than the one shown here, but it got cold (as only Melbourne forecast to be 27 degree can get cold), so I changed. But I thought Archie was a tad more important and adorable than my dress, so here he is again.


I bought this dress about a year ago this week when I was in Brisbane for a holiday. That holiday ended up being less fun due to some bad news I got upon return, but there are still nice memories of it, including meeting my friends Dave and Gen for the first time (they're getting married this Friday and just found out they're having a baby boy. How time flies!), warm Queensland rain, tasty Greek food, and sunshine after a Canberra winter.

Frocktober has, as of today, raise $100,000. I couldn't be happier and more proud of my clever friends for thinking up this concept. What an amazing effort from everyone involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment