Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Frocktober is here!

Hi everyone. I'm completely new to this fan-dangled blog thing, so bear with me.

I've set this up so my dear friends and work colleagues believe me when I say I'm wearing a dress a day for Frocktober 2010. Frocktober was started (unofficially) in 2007 and incorporated in 2008 by my incredibly clever friends, with backgrounds in medicine, teaching, architecture, design and health.

Frocktober is a fundraising initiative which raises raise funds for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). Through fun – and sometimes quirky – measures, Frocktober is all about:

-Increasing the public’s awareness of ovarian cancer.

-Promoting women’s health and wellbeing.

-Celebrating the great diversity of shapes, sizes and colours women come in.


Frocktober has raised over $55 000 in two years time, and we're making great progress with our fundraising in 2010.

The symptoms of late-stage ovarian cancer are very general, and often mistaken for more common, less serious ailments.

There is no early detection test for ovarian cancer, and this is what Frocktober is raising money for. So, help support this frockin' good cause! Go to www.frocktober.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment